- 190cm x 152cm
- Dyed, fringe or whipstitch finish
- 80% recycled wool
- 20% blend of polyester and other fibres
- Made in Tasmania, Australia
- Closed loop, sustainable, ethically made
- Extend the life of your blanket by following the care instructions below.
For every 10 blankets sold, we send one to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre - an organisation that helps asylum seekers feel welcome, safe and supported in Australia.
Care for your blanket
Merino wool is very low maintenance for a highly performing material. Wicking means merino fibre can absorb and evaporate large quantities of moisture. This is why merino is lightweight and warm when wet, quick drying, breathable, insulating and odour resistant. Additionally, the natural oils in the wool mean the material is not easily stained and it's naturally antibacterial. Help extend your blanket’s life by following these instructions in order:
- Air out your blanket by hanging it in the sun.
- Brush to remove any excess dirt.
- Spot clean dirty marks and spills with lukewarm soapy water.
- Machine wash at maximum 30 degrees with a wool wash and hang dry. Do not tumble dry.
- Dry clean if necessary.
Remember that reducing machine washing extends your blanket’s life and reduces energy and water consumption.
Store your blanket
In the warmer months, store your Seljak Blanket in a cool, dry place that avoids the sunlight. A sealed plastic container is best (vacuum bags are okay but may take the spring out of your blanket). Ensure the blanket is completely clean and dry when you pack it away, as moisture can eventually lead to the formation of mildew, and moths are attracted to grime. Airtight sealing protects against moths, which will want to lay eggs in your blankets. If you own a cedar or camphor chest, wrapping the blanket in clean dry cotton before storing works well.
If you’d like to add moth deterrents, natural options including clove, cedar or lavender will leave your blankets smelling fresher than mothballs! Note the effectiveness of these will reduce as their scent diminishes with time, so finding the right storage solution is the first port of call.